As Covid-19 restrictions on public transport are gradually eased, from Monday 19th July the capacity on buses trams and trains will increase from 50% to 75%.
This means that a bus that pre-Covid could carry say 32 people seated, and which has been carrying 16 this week, will now be able to accommodate 24. From Monday there will be 8 more people allowed on that bus, and some seats that have been blocked off will be opened up to customers.
The move to 75% will see more seats opened up. However, at Local Link Mayo we recommend you book ahead to guarantee your seat to avoid disappointment.
The safety of passengers remains paramount:
· Operators have an enhanced daily cleaning regime on their fleet in order to contain the potential spread of Coronavirus (COVID‐19). This includes the sanitising of frequently touched surfaces on board and extending cleaning regimes to include inter-peak cleaning at depots and stations.
· Hand sanitiser is available on-board, at stops and at stations for our passengers
· Windows are open to improve ventilation
The NTA recommend the following:
· To be considerate of other passengers, and respectful towards public transport workers.
· Travel off-peak if at all possible. Plan your trip and give yourself additional time so you can avoid crowds.
· Keep windows open to improve circulation.
· If you’re on a busy service, be mindful of the more vulnerable customer whose need for a seat may be greater than yours.
· Taxis and hackneys continue to be widely available in all parts of the country and are very often the best way of getting from one place to another.
· Walk or cycle if you can.
Contact Local Link Mayo on 094 9005150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you required further information regarding travel at this time.